It’s our pleasure to announce the Beer Rescue Program! In addition to helping a beer find a home, you get to enjoy select beers at a discounted price for your generosity!
And now, what you’ve been waiting for…NEW BEERS!
- Grapevine Saison de Festivals – The first beer in their new bottle conditioned Bonnie Blue series of beers, La Saison des Festivals is a wonderful saison boasting a rich grapefruit flavor derived solely from fermentation character and Mosaic hops. 7% ABV/Grapevine, TX
- Saint Arnold Icon Green – The aroma is full of tropical fruit. The flavor starts with a pleasant combination of fruit and malt and then goes to a long, dry bitter with just a hint of malt hanging on all the way. Mosaic was the only hop used in this beer, which boasts complex tropical and citrus notes on this Texas Common style. 6.7% ABV/Houston, TX
- Angry Orchard The Muse Cider – Angry Orchard Muse is a bubbly, effervescent cider made from culinary and bittersweet apples and aged on French oak. The French oak adds a subtle wood impression, imparting notes of cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and hints of vanilla. Sweet up front with a juicy apple aroma, bright acidity, and slightly drying on the finish with a lingering sweet apple note. 7.7% ABV/Cincinnati, OH
- New Belgium Transatlantic Kriek – This authentic kriek beer began life in the oaken vessels at Frank Boon’s brewery in the Lembeek region of Belgium. After more than two years aging, Boon’s offering shipped across the Atlantic and found its way to the intuitive palate of New Belgium’s Brewmaster Peter Bouckaert. This resulted in New Belgium creating a full-bodied golden lager to round out the light-bodied kriek. The cherry nose gives way to a pleasingly sour flash across the palate that rolls gently into a slightly sweet finish. Crisp, effervescent carbonation keeps the mouthfeel bright and delightfully tingly. 8% ABV/Boulder, CO
- New Belgium/3 Floyds Collaboration Grätzer – Grätzer is a long-buried style from Poland. Together with 3 Floyds, they unearthed its robust smokiness with oak smoked wheat and midnight wheat. Polish hops for a bitter bite and lactobacillus for a slightly sour finish, this pour out a billowing, foamy mouth worth indulging. 4.5% ABV/Boulder, CO
- Buffalo Bayou Meer Koebel Belgian Double IPA – Bright, spicy aromatics from the traditionally Belgian yeast strain will leap out of your glass & give way to the soft tropical fruit flavors that define More Cowbell. Like its American brethren, Meer Koebel’s stripped-down malt bill yields a light mouthfeel that finishes bone dry & gets out of the way of the hops & yeast. This ale will age gracefully. 9.1% ABV/Houston, TX
- Brewery Van Steenberge Vampire Pale Ale – This is an incredibly thirst quenching pale ale. This Belgian double is made from twice the hops as their other beers. It’s alluring color and aroma envelop the ever-present hops and fruity esters leading one to crave for more. This beer will age well. 7% ABV/Ertvelde, Belgium
- Etienne Dupont Cidre Tripel – This beer pours clear amber with no head. Aroma has notes of dry bitter apple with a bit of boozy warmth from the oak. The taste has notes of apples, dry and tannic, with a little oakiness. 11% ABV/Victot-Pontfol, France
- BFM √225 Saison – Brewed for BFM’s 15th Anniversary! Belgium style saison matured in third use Abbaye de Saint Bon Chien barrels for 4 months. 5% ABV/Jura, Switzerland
- Wild Beer Company Modus Vivendi – The aroma is complex, and the complexity continues on the palate, with citrus tanginess, wild yeast funkiness and woody tannins all jousting for your attention. Over time, other aromas and flavours come out to play. On this occasion they have filled single use Bourbon barrels with the base beer for Modus Vivendi and then added some brettanomyces. 7% ABV/Shepton Mallet, England
- Wild Beer Company Somerset Wild – Spontaneously fermented berliner weisse inspired beer. “The yakult of beers”. Lactobacillus, pediococcus, brettanomyces. Wild apple starter to generate the fermentation organisms. 5% ABV/Shepton Mallet, England
- Wild Beer Company Somerset Saison – Epic by name, epic by nature, this Farmhouse Ale is a transcontinental fusion of Belgium’s eclectic beer culture and the feisty hops of North America brought to life with the aid of West Country artisanal brewing wizardry and judicious use of the US-grown Sorachi Ace hop. On the nose, the hops deliver a big splash of tropical fruit, followed by ripples of well-seasoned spiciness spreading outwards. In the mouth a tangy, bittersweet fruitiness holds sway, while tangerine oranges tap dance their way across the tongue in the finish. 5% ABV/Shepton Mallet, England
- Wild Beer Company Bliss – This beer was created by adding a dash of funky Brettanomyces yeast plus roasted apricots and a hush-hush blend of spices. All of this makes for an extraordinary beer with an array of aromas that leap out of the glass followed by a spicy, fruity, tart and peppery palate and a long lingering finish. 6% ABV/Shepton Mallet, England
- Wild Beer Company Iduna Cru Saison – “Named after ancient Greek goddess of beer, this is an equally divine Belgian-style saison with a copious amount of New Zealand hops, freshly harvested Somerset apple juice and wild yeast added to the mix. However, we like to take things just that bit further (it’s the Wild way!) — once bottled the beer undergoes a secondary fermentation with champagne yeast, giving it a brisk spritziness on the tongue. Serve chilled in a champagne flute to allow the bouquet of playfully aromatic notes to be fully appreciated. Take a sip to enjoy a further cascade of striking and sensuous flavours alongside the carefree champagne-like spritziness. The long, dry finish is both refreshing and complex.” – Wild Beer Co. 9% ABV/Shepton Mallet, England
- De Glazen Toren Ondineke – This beer is honey-like with it’s golden color. Light caramel notes follow the creamy, beatuifully carbonated head. 8.5% ABV/Erpe-Mere, Belgium
- De Glazen Toren Jan de Lichte – “Crisp, clean, and absolutely bone-dry, the beer’s spice and lightly sulfury body dominates the mouthfeel. Near-champagne carbonation bounces off the tongue and carries with it any malt sweetness or textures. This allows for the spice and bitterness to drive the beer home with an arid scrubbing sensation that cleans the palate, offering only moderate acidity and mild spice astringency in the throat.” 7% ABV/Erpe-Mere, Belgium
- De Glazen Toren Canaster – The name Canaster clearly refers to an ancient brewing tradition of Aalst. Canaster now relives as a Winter Scotch, a beer for the long, cold winter evenings. Here the same natural ingredients are used as in the two other products of the brewery, including the Hallertau hop from the Aalst area. 9.5% ABV/Erpe-Mere, Belgium
- Southern Star Red Cockaded – This beer is deep red with a generous dose of malted rye and English crystal malts, giving the malt profile a sticky caramel property and substantial earthiness. The beer also has massive late charges of Pacific Northwest hops, as well as being generously dry hopped, making this beer intensely hoppy, displaying citrus, pine and resin in both aroma and flavor. 8.5% ABV/Conroe, TX
- Left Hand Brewing Chainsaw Ale– This Double ESB pours a brilliant deep ruby amber with a rocky near white head. The nose opens with bright spicy and herbal hops, with hints of dried fruit and port. The flavor starts with a chewy, bready malt and hints of brulee and kola nut that are suddenly swept away by thyme-like and hoppy bitterness. The strong herbal flavors then give way to a dry finish of licorice, gentian, and Italian bitters. 9.4% ABV/Boulder, CO
- Southern Tier Mokah – Southern Tier couldn’t resist the temptation to combine two of their highly acclaimed Blackwater Series Imperial Stouts: Jahva and Choklat. Alone each is perfect, but together as Mokah they are an inimitable expression of two of the world’s most sought after flavors. Enjoy Mokah stout with – or as – your favorite dessert! 10% ABV/Lakewood, NY
- Dogfish Head Festina Peche – An incredibly refreshing neo-Berliner Weisse fermented with peaches. This beer is only available during the sweaty months and some of our staff have been waiting (too)patiently for its arrival! 4.5% ABV/Milton, DE
- SanTan Hefeweizen – An unfiltered Bavarian-style wheat beer which is effervescent and sweet, with an unmistakable banana-clove character. Using 2-row barley, white wheat, and munich malt, this beer boasts Colombus and CTZ hop varieties. 5% ABV/Chandler, AZ
- SanTan HopShock IPA – Warm copper amber in color, SanTan brewers have re-defined this classic English Ale. An intense bitterness derived from the distinct citrus/pine flavor of Pacific Northwest & New Zealand Hops. A dry, crisp malt character & aggressive alcohol dominate this I.P.A. and make it a hop head’s passion! 7.1% ABV/Chandler, AZ
- SanTan Mr. Pineapple – Winner of a silver medal at the 2011 Great American Beer Festival competition, Mr. Pineapple was originally conceived for SanTan Brewing Company’s annual Luau Day. Hazy straw gold in color, we add natural pineapple juice to a traditional wheat beer creating a refreshing tropical flavor. The pineapple is balanced with a firm malt character and a slight hint of clove. 5% ABV/Chandler, AZ
- SanTan Devil’s Ale – Devil’s Ale is a new breed of West Coast American Ales. Deep golden maroon in color, Devil’s Ale is defined by the delicious citrus hop character derived from Cascade and Centennial hops grown in the Pacific Northwest and balanced firm caramel malt flavor. 5.5% ABV/Chandler, AZ
Friday, June 27th, 2014 – Save the World Brewery owners will be in-store giving out samples of their whole lineup, including the release of their new Tripel! Special tasting hours will be 5-8pm. Details can be found here!
Tuesday, July 1st, 2014 – We will be tasting beers with Dan Stone from the renowned Breckenridge Brewing Company from 6-8pm.
Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 – We will be tasting the portfolio from Rahr & Sons Brewing Company with the assistance of representative Christa Philips from 6-8pm.
Thursday, July 3rd, 2014 – We will be tasting Original Sin Cider Company’s portfolio from 6-8pm.
7/3 – 7/6 – It’s the Fourth of July weekend! To celebrate ‘Merica, we are having an AmeriCAN extravaganza all weekend. $1 off of ALL 6 pack cans!
IN-STORE FREE TASTING
Saturday, June 28th, 2014 from 6-8pm
Saint Arnold Icon, SanTan Mr. Pineapple, Great Divide Hercules, and Cerveja Colorado Bertho