Since the beginning of the shutdowns and lockdowns back in March, we’ve had our customers’ and employees’ safety top of mind when it comes to keeping everyone safe and healthy. The Austin Public Health Department as well as the state of Texas has published and updated its guidelines and requirements numerous times in the last 9+ months, and we’ve been quick to incorporate these changes into our operations.
To quote the Austin Public Health press release:
“The risk-based guidelines are not changes to local orders, rules or regulations for businesses; they are guidelines for individual actions and behaviors. However, changes to orders or additional restrictions may be necessary in the coming days in order to prevent hospitals from becoming overwhelmed.”
We feel that the cleanliness and separation standards we have in place won’t require us to close our doors to the public again; we believe our socially distanced tables and shopping experience is designed to keep everyone safe. Therefore, we’ll continue serving indoors (limited capacity), as well as in our large, new outdoor beer garden for the foreseeable future.
We will continue to be a leader in safe sanitation practices with all team members certified in safe beverage handling and a certified manager on every shift. All employees will be trained on appropriate cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.
We will go above and beyond all the Minimum Standard Health Protocols for Bars and Restaurants adopted by the State, including:
- Always maintaining appropriate social distancing between parties and tables.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available to all customers and employees, including upon entry.
- Employees will wash or sanitize their hands upon entering the restaurant, between interactions with customers, and at least every 30 minutes.
- We will clean and disinfect common areas and surfaces regularly. We will also clean and disinfect each table after every use. Table tents will be used to indicate ones that have been properly sanitized.
Guest COVID interactions:
- We ask guests to place orders at the bar while wearing their mask. We will not be pouring samples until the appropriate time.
- Anytime a guest is not seated as a table, we request that guests wear their mask.
- Following the social distancing and sanitary guidelines that have been put in place to protect you and our other customers and employees.
- Self-screening before entering the restaurant for any signs of COVID-19 including but not limited to a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or known close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- If you cannot enter the restaurant or are otherwise concerned about contracting COVID-19, please use our contactless delivery options.